Mold can grow anywhere around your home, and the problem is that you might not even know it exists. It’s crucial to take a look at your home for any signs of mold growth if you think that it may be an issue in your house. If you notice any signs of mold growth, such as water leaks and musty odors, it is important to have your property inspected by a professional. Mold spreads quickly and can be dangerous for people with allergies or who are immunocompromised.
In this blog post, we will discuss some common signs that you may need a mold inspection so that you can take care of them before they get out of control!
How to tell whether you need a home mold inspection
Mold is found everywhere outdoors and indoors. Mold spores are carried through the air and can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, or other respiratory problems when they’re inhaled. In addition to the health risks that come with mold exposure, mold growth also results in property damage from water leaks, which means you need to get a home mold inspection before it’s too late!
A mold inspection is performed by a professional who evaluates your home for any visible evidence of moisture, water leaks, or other factors that could lead to the growth of mold. The inspector will also evaluate how much ventilation and sunlight there are in certain areas as well as whether you have carpeting on the floor. The goal is to prevent any damage caused by mold so it doesn’t get worse over time!
Mold often starts out in small spots where there’s too little light or air circulation, but if these conditions aren’t corrected quickly then the problem can spread throughout different parts of your house before anyone even notices. That’s why getting an early diagnosis from a qualified pro is crucial – don’t wait until it gets worse!
Situations Where Mold Inspection is Needed
- You have a family member with asthma or allergies and you think that they may be allergic to mold.
- It is very humid outside, which means it’s perfect conditions for mold growth inside your home.
- You notice water leaking from the ceiling of your bathroom or kitchen. Mold can grow on wet surfaces.
- Your property has sustained flood damage recently. If there was a lot of standing water because of the flooding, then most likely there will be an excessive amount of moisture in the air due to humidity levels being high indoors as well as outdoors.
- If you suspect there may be water leaks in your home (e.g., plumbing issues).
- If you have experienced flooding or rainwater has flooded your basement or crawl space.
- If you smell musty odors coming from an area of your home or business property.
Mold is a serious problem that can be found in many different places. When it affects your home, the problem becomes even more serious. Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture and if left unchecked, mold will cause significant damage to both property and health of those living in the building.
If you think that there is a need for mold inspection, be sure to call us and we will come out immediately to inspect the area. We offer free inspections with no obligations so it’s always worth discussing your concerns!
We have been inspecting homes and businesses in Tulsa for years; our team members are all licensed and have decades of experience in working with various types of damage caused by mold growth – from mildew on walls, ceilings, carpets, and furniture through more severe instances such as water damage due to floods or heavy rainstorms.